Warning: This is a DIWYOR article.
If you found this article, you’re probably having Redmi 2 Prime in your hand, have upgraded to MIUI 8 recently, and yes, no more signal bar on your mobile phone. Or maybe there is signal, but it keeps losing occasionally. The cause of the issue is that the product is currently made for China region, therefore the operating system (MIUI) developed is for China operator. So if you’re not living in that area, MIUI 8 cannot work well with your region operator.
The good news is, there is a way to fix this. What we need to do is just “install” a file to your Redmi 2 Prime, which responsible to make the Redmi 2 Prime’s modem works globally. Be careful to use only the correct fixing file for this problem. If you’re not get the correct file, you may fix the signal issue. But afterward you will face another problem like cannot uninstall application (phone restarted), or cannot open Setting Menu.
So, here is what you need:
- A Laptop with Windows Operating System (i used Windows 7)
- Download MIUI Flashing Tool here
- Download modem file for Redmi 2 Prime here
- Install MIUI Flashing Tool on C:\Program Files directory
(note: the download link given above is external link, its not belong to me, so i hope its still work once you read this post)
How to fix:
- Go to the below MIUI Flashing Tool installation directory (C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android)
- Copy modem file to the above directory (file NON-HLOS.bin)
- Open Command Prompt
- Type this on command prompt window (please pay attention to the space and double quote character): cd “C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android” and press Enter
- Turn off your Redmi 2 Prime
- Enter fast boot mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button at the same time (about 5-10 seconds until the android robot picture is showing)
- Plug in your device using a functional cable
- Back to the Command Prompt , type this command to install modem file: fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin and press Enter
- Its only take a split second until the process finish.
- Finally, type this command: fastboot reboot and press Enter
- After the phone is restarted, you should have no more signal problem now.
- Leave a comment to this post if you have question about these steps or if you have succeeded!
Have fun and share.